What Checks Should You Perform Before Setting Off on Vacation
Holiday at last! But while you can sit back and relax, your vehicle has a lot to cope with. The greater load, high speeds, hot weather and long downhill stretches are a source of immense strain, not just for the brakes. To make sure your car gets you safely to your destination it is well worth giving some thought to a few important aspects before starting off:
- The tire inflation pressure should be adjusted to the next highest total vehicle weight for safer driving and to reduce fuel consumption and tire wear. Important information can be found in the owner's manual.
- Do not load the vehicle beyond the limits specified in the vehicle documents.
- Check the condition of the jack, tool kit, and first aid kit and replace if necessary.
- Check the levels of windshield washer fluid and anti-freeze.
- Check the oil level and top off if necessary.